Greetings from a warm day in Portland…

The weather has been getting into the mid-80’s all week and has been a bit more humid then usual.  The humid weather has the garden at work growing like crazy – lots of green beans, tomatoes, zucchini and yellow summer squash.  We’ve been making daily trips to the food pantry with everything…

Received an update from the mortgage ladies in Iowa today.  Our mortgage file has been submitted to underwriting.  They have ordered the FHA appraisal and it will be done by the end of the month.  The title has been ordered.  Was good to see some progress occurring.  Underwriting will probably take 5 to 10 days for their review – hope they don’t come up with any “show stoppers”.

Work still continues to be extra busy for me.  Have two projects going into production next week – so been having to hustle to get lots of little last minute changes in place.  Then next Monday will need to get all of the signatures and paperwork completed for the moves….  Then on top of that I still have the major project to work on.  Making some good progress with it, but still have lots more to do with it.  Bad part is that I need to have it completed sooner then later….

Still have brining my lunch to work each day.  Still having a $1.00 frozen dinner with a cold meat sandwich.  Today it was Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes.  It was fine but by 3:30pm was really hungry….  Was tempted to get something out of the vending machine, but didn’t…..


My lunch... not very exciting... mystery meat :)


Last night went up to the club house at the RV park to play “Hand and Foot” for a few hours.  My partner was Tom and we just had no luck at all – kept getting crappy cards all night long – no matter how much we shuffled the seven decks of cards.  Hope to have better run of it next week.


Babs and DJ showing us how it is done....


On Saturday morning we are going on another bike ride from Gresham to downtown Portland.  Going with the activity directors of the park and a few other RV’ers.  Going to try and get started by 8:30am so we can get majority of the ride done before the sun really beats down on us.  Looking forward to the ride – I enjoy the longer rides…. just peddle away and enjoy the scenery….

Believe we have the blog problems fixed.  Seems like the problem was with our internet provider – Frontier.  Their DNS settings were not getting pointed back to us after we renewed it.  I could get to the blog from www.JohnandDerek.com at work, but not at home…  Had John super frustrated.

That’s it for today.  Heading down to the Lloyd Center to go Ice Skating yet this evening. Did not go last week because of working all of that crazy overtime – so looking forward to tonight.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *